Nero DiscSpeed is a freeware drive benchmark program which can test and then display important information about the optical drive(s) installed on your Windows PC.
The main application interface is not difficult to understand and can test your DVD, CD or Blu-ray drive for several different values such s DAE quality, transfer rate, access time, CPU load, burst rate and snipup/spindown time.
Though Nero DiscSpeed is currently a part of the main Nero suite, it is also available as a standalone application which can provide you with interesting and useful details.
Overall, Nero DiscSpeed provides you with importat information about your DVD/CD/Blu-ray burner which can be used to optimize burning software.
Features and highlights
- Overburning test
- Advanced DAE test (detailed analysis)
- Disc quality test (C1/C2 and PI/PO/jitter and LDC/BIS)
- ScanDisc function (file test and surface scan)
- CD/DVD/BD media manufacturer information
- Reading mode detection (CAV, CLV, P-CAV, Z-CLV)
- The quality of each track (Audio CD), chapter (DVD-Video), or file (data disc) is shown
Nero DiscSpeed 126.96.36.199 on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from hardware diagnostic software without restrictions. Nero DiscSpeed 188.8.131.52 is available to all software users as a free download for Windows.
- Nero DiscSpeed Download
- Freeware Hardware Diagnostic Software
- Major release: Nero DiscSpeed 12.5
- CD Benchmarking Software